MECOPP works specifically to:
- Support Minority Ethnic carers to access supports and services that suit their caring situation.
- Develop opportunities for the active involvement of Minority Ethnic carers in consultation planning and participate in the decision-making processes which affect their lives.
- Raise the profile of Minority Ethnic carers and their needs at a national level.
- Support carers in the Gypsy/Traveller community in rural and urban areas of Scotland.
- Create opportunities for Minority Ethnic carers to share their views and experiences.
- Respond to gaps in services.
- Assist service providers, both statutory and voluntary, in the development of culturally competent services.
Browse our resources for helpful documents and publications for Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Who is a carer?
Find out more about carers and what they do